Curriculum & Instruction
The Curriculum and Instruction Department is a team dedicated to providing support to schools as they work to increase the level of academic achievement of all students in our district.
The department works closely with all school sites to:
- Secure additional funding through a variety of state and federal grants
- Assist sites in the development and implementation of school improvement goals and plans
- Provide professional development and teacher assistance in areas of need
- Provide ongoing benchmark assessments to sites
- Provide support for the acquisition of English for our English Language Learners through the implementation of state ELL models
- Administer the state AzMERIT assessment as well as all other mandated assessments
- Implement district curriculum to meet state standards
We believe that, through adherence to the principles of accountability and high expectations, our department will support each site and its students to achieve academic excellence.
Aissa Celeste Bonillas Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
310 West Plum Street
Nogales, AZ 85621
Phone (520) 397-7934