Welcome to R.M. Bracker Elementary School SY2022-2023
Dear Bracker Community!
I hope this letter finds you well and enjoying the last few days of summer.
As we approach the first day of school on August 10th, I want to take this time now to share some related information with our community.
Grade Level teams will provide any suggested school supplies at the Meet your Teacher Event held at Bracker on August 9th from 1:00-2:30. At Bracker Elementary, along with all NUSD schools, we supply our students with all of their necessary school supplies. However, as a suggestion, parents can also supply the following:
- Additional pencils/pens
- Additional notebook paper
- Personal tissue
- Personal disinfectant wipes
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Additional Mask (if applicable)
**Please note that supplies are not to be shared between students.
Students are required to be in uniform every school day. Uniforms are: royal blue or white shirt. Khaki bottoms can be pants/skirts/shorts as well as un-ripped jeans are also allowed. Shorts and skirts must be approaching knee length. For safety reasons, flip-flops are not allowed and tennis shoes must be worn.
We will be following the same safety guidelines as last year. Masks are encouraged but optional.
Bracker community! This summer, we have been very busy preparing for this great year! Our theme this year is: “If you Dream It, You Can Do It.” We chose this theme because of the many possibilities this year will hold.
This school year, we have new curriculum, new faces and new and many opportunities for learning.
Here are just some of the things that you can expect from us this year:
- Daily lessons, assignments and schedules that provide structured and engaged learning.
- Whole school intervention Program for remediation of skills and academic support
- Before/after school tutoring
- IEP Services for our Ex Ed students.
- Targeted and integrated English classes
- Lessons and instruction to meet accelerated or specialized student needs.
- Dedicated administration who are accessible and available for parent concerns/questions/visits
- Fun and engaging school year with:
- Spirit Weeks
- Dolphin of the month lunches and events
- Student awards, recognition and announcements.
- Free breakfast and lunch for all students daily.
- Clubs and fun after-school activities
Bracker community, thank you for entrusting us, yet again, with your children. This is not a trust that we take lightly. We care about our students and will strive to do our very best— every day—to make sure that our students are progressing, productive and happy.
Again, welcome to another year of infinite possibilities! Please do not be a stranger. At Bracker, everyone is welcome. I look forward to seeing all of you!
Joshua Payne, Principal